CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good Stuff


Last night I tried out one of my new recipes! We grilled steak and then I made some fabulous roasted potatoes. It was SO easy!

All I did was cut up little red potatoes into 4 pieces each- I did several of them. I put them in a giant ziplock bag- added a small amount of olive oil and one packet of the Lipton Onion soup. I shook up the bag until it was all coated and then popped them onto a sheet pan in the oven- 375 degrees for 30 minutes. DELICIOUS!

They really were great- Conrad is like a three year old and has to cover everything with catsup, but I ate them plain and they were fabulous! I would imagine you could do the same thing with ranch dressing packets, if you were feeling a little zippy... AND it was pretty doggone healthy to boot!

Tonight I making something called the Marlboro Man Sandwich and it is NOT healthy... I will have to report on that one tomorrow. It has more butter in it than one cow could possibly produce, BUT like Paula Deen says- it's margarine, not butter that's really dangerous. Pioneers used real butter forever- it's when you add all those saturated fats the problem comes in. We no longer eat ANY margarine in our house. I buy butter and we just use that- in stick form. Anything in a tub scares me to death!

I got this recipe for the Marlboro Man Sandwich from the Pioneer Woman Cooks! blog I have linked to this site. It looks so easy and so yummy- sort of a manly variation of a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. I'll let you know!

Karyn

1 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice blog. Keep up the good work. Cheers:-)