CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Fantastic

WOW, did we get a LOT done this weekend!

First of all, all the stuff that needed to be hung was done yesterday- the clock and pictures and the dustbuster.

Then we got SO much done for the wedding. We popped into Men's Warehouse today and in thirty minutes the tux thing was done- all I need to do now is alert all the participants. It was so easy to do! I got the wedding cake topper bought, all the cameras for the tables (candid shots), all that stuff is done... I am so getting pumped now, because it feels like we are making tons of progress. OH - and we got a minister! It looks like Conrad's childhood minister is going to be able to do it. He is going to confirm Monday morning, but 90% sure he can do it. WHEW!

Tonight for dinner we are having the spaghetti and meatballs Conrad's mom and sister make all the time. He loves them and it's been ages since I made any. I also decided that maybe lunchtime at work is making me fat. It's so easy to just run out and "grab something"... so I thought about it and what I would want if I could and I decided on the Old Fashioned Charleston Okra Soup. MAN is that stuff GOOD and good for you too! ... and filling and cheap and easy to make. I have a pot on the stove right now and it is driving me crazy- with the smells. It's delicious!

For one hour, boil ham pieces (or a ham bone) in water
Then add one can of tomatoe sauce and one BIG can or two small cans of whole tomatoes, kind of chopped up.
If you used the bone, please remove it now, but if it was ham pieces, leave 'em in!
Add a bag of each: frozen corn, okra and speckled butter beans
Then cook that pot for several hours... I usually make a big pot of white rice too

I put the rice in the bottom of the bowl, then add soup. I don't ever combine and store. It lasts FOREVER.... DAYS and I love it. I had been craving it anyway. This week, at lunchtime, is gonna be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Karyn

P.S. Conrad is throwing up, thinking about the soup. He has no idea what he's missing...

0 comments: