CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1-2-3-4 Cake

Felt like baking this weekend!

I went with an old recipe- our grandmothers would probably recognize the recipe. It was an old one back in the day, but just a basic white cake. You would THINK since I am the daughter of a former bakery owner and cake decorator, this would be in my blood. But it's not. This is only my second from scratch cake (hummingbird cake last year). I'm ashamed. I am way more apt to find a Betty Crocker box and throw something together. *hanging my head*


Oven at 350
1- cup of butter (2 sticks)
2- cups of sugar
3- cups of flour  (I used cake flour- it's sifted 27 times FOR you)
4- eggs
(get it,  1234 cake ???)
then you add in 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of baking powder and then decide on your flavors
I did a tsp of vanilla and a 1/2 tsp of almond


How PURDY is that batter? ... and also my mixer? Oh and my pink cake pans ????


Baked these guys for 25-30 minutes. Paula Deen taught me a neat trick. Get a spoon (I used a ladle) and just spoon one in one, then one in the other, then another in the first pan, then another in the second pan. That way, when they cook, they will be exactly the same size. You don't want 4 ladles in one pan and 6 laldes in the other .... hard to eyeball it. Get a ladle!


This is him, all frosted. Not the prettiest thing ever and YES I used store bought icing. I'm not a master of buutercream yet. The cake was light and fluffy and DELICIOUS. I will be making this again. Conrad said it didn't taste like a box cake at all and he was 100% right.

Kah

0 comments: