CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Balls- from Pinterest

I am a super big fan of broccoli cheese casserole or broccoli cheese rice. Love both of them! Sometimes though you just don't have time ... or you just need a change. I found a recipe on Pinterest I found interesting. The recipe called really for FRESH broccoli, cooked and chopped into miniscule pieces. Well, I had a bag of frozen (12 oz.) that was already hacked to pieces. I went with that!

Bag of chopped broccoli or a fresh head, boiled or steamed and cut
2 cups of cheddar cheese (I grated my own, melts SO much better)
1 cup of bread crumbs (I didn't have any, so I made my own)
2 eggs
Oven on 375 and a greased baking sheet

So yeah, SUPER easy. Throw all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Make little balls about the size of golfballs. You'll end up with something like this:


Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them. At this point they won't look like balls really anymore. They will sort of have browned up and spread out. They aren't the prettiest things in the world, but they are GOOD. Here was the finished product after I had started serving. Excuse the ugly pic! I suggest greasing your sheet big time, or not using foil - they were sort of sticking to everything. NOT pretty, but still good!



This is really good and very different. It was easy, it took absolutely no time at all and we enjoyed something different. Sometimes your side dishes can get boring too.

If you wanted them crunchy, then perhaps after you roll into a ball, you can dip them into Panko breadcrumbs. I will be trying that next time!

Kah

0 comments: